How to use Head, Heart, and Hands
(Facts, Feelings, and Applications)
Head – Ask questions that have to do with the facts that you have discovered in your study. For example:
• What happened in the story?
• What are some things you learned?
• What really stands out to you?
Heart – Ask questions that reveal the emotions of the story. For example:
• What were the emotions of the characters during the different parts of the story?
• How does the story make you feel?
Hands – Ask questions that help the members of the group respond to God’s word in specific, measurable actions. For example:
• How will you respond to what God has spoken to you?
• What do you plan to do next week to apply what you have learned?
• How can you make your application